The aim of this Certificate in Education course is to achieve the following to:
- lay the basic foundation of education principles and practices for participants interested in the field of education and education-related jobs;
- prepare participants for a challenging and satisfying teaching career; and
- equip existing teachers with the basic essential knowledge and skills needed to be more effective in their teaching profession.
On successful completion of this course, the student is expected to be able to:
- develop effective lessons with appropriate technology, suitable pedagogies and assessment methods;
- create a conducive classroom environment for effective learning;
- apply various interactive pedagogical methods for engaged learning;
- Possess basic understanding of education theories related to effective teaching, learning and assessment; and
- evaluate and reflect on planning, teaching and assessment practices.